Abstracts & Posters are invited only from IOS Life Members, Associate Members & SAARC Delegates.
General Instructions for Abstract Submission.
Oral Presentation / E-Poster / Table Clinic.
- As per the new guidelines of Indian Orthodontic Society, Student Life Members can only submit poster & videos under Public Awareness Category.
- Registration for the conference is mandatory for submission of oral presentation/ poster/ table clinic.
- One member can present a maximum of only one oral presentation and/or one poster and/or one table clinic to be judged in a competitive category.
- In case of multiple entries, only the initial one will be considered.
- All abstracts to be submitted via the 55th IOC website. Abstracts submission via other modes is prohibited.
- The abstract submission begins 1st June 2021 onwards.
- The abstract submission shall close on 27th July 2021.
- Accepted abstracts shall be notified between 1st August – 7th August 2021.
- Oral Presentation/Papers shall be accepted in only three categories. (Duration of presentation shall be 12 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for Q&A)
- Clinical Innovations
- Posters shall be accepted in only three categories and in Electronic format (E-poster)
- Table Clinic shall be accepted in only two categories:
- All papers and posters should be prepared and presented as per the guidelines given.
- The Indian Orthodontic Society Head Office may hand over the abstracts of the accepted papers to the Editor, Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society and Editor, JCO of IOS for possible publication.
- Abstracts for Oral Presentations shall be restricted to 2000 words and 20 MB in size. The abstract document must be saved in PDF format to be uploaded.
Please CLICK HERE to review the guidelines for Oral Presentation / Paper.
Mandatory Formats for Abstract Submission in this category
Research Abstract Layout Download
Clinical Abstract Layout
- Abstract for Table Clinic is restricted to 500 words and 20 MB in size. The abstract document must be saved in PDF format to be uploaded.
Please CLICK HERE to review the guidelines for Table Clinic.
Please CLICK HERE to review the guidelines for E-poster.
Research E-Poster Mandatory Template
Clinical E-Poster Mandatory Template
- The CoC shall allow only 90 oral presentations in total (30 oral presentation in each category). Oral presentations that will not be accepted may be converted into E-posters as per the discretion of the scientific committee.
- If selected (oral presentation/ poster/ table clinic), only name of the presenter and topic shall be allowed to be displayed on the title slide and nothing else.
- In the Free-paper presentations that vie for awards, (paper/poster/table clinic), only name of the presenter (e.g. Dr. Xxxx Yyyyy) shall be allowed to be displayed on just the Title Slide. The presenter/first author’s qualifications, degrees, names of co-authors, institution, place, etc., as a form of possible identification shall not be allowed to be displayed. If any presentation does so, it will be automatically disqualified.
- In each category, awards shall be given for the first three places in the oral presentation, e-poster, and table clinic sections, provided there be enough entries. If the number of entries is only 10-15, only two awards will be presented. If the number of entries is less than ten, only one award will be presented.
- Totally, not more than 3 awards shall be given for each of the three sections (paper, poster and table clinic). Multiple ‘shared’ awards for each of the 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd prize shall not be given. If there is ‘tie’ for any category, the Scientific Convenor’s decision will be final should the judges not wish to restrict the award to any a single recipient.
- Cash awards and fellowships shall be granted only where a sponsor is available.